The piio project aims to provide a library for accessing the I/O capabilities of the Raspberry Pi from Tcl.
The piio package supports three of the I/O methods available on the Raspberry Pi via three new commands:
- piio for general purpose I/O, also known as gpio.
- twowire for Inter-Integrated Circuit, also known as i2c.
- spi for Serial Peripheral Interface bus.
In addition it makes a number of modules available that support specific i2c devices:
- dallas for a DS1621 temperature sensor
- jeebmp for a BMP085 pressure (and temperature) sensor
- jeeio for a MCP23008 8 pin I/O chip
- jeelux for a TSL2561 light sensor
- onewire for a DS2482 1-wire interface driver