H.o.G's goal is to provide a haiku.lib.so compatibility library : once complete, HoG will allow to recompile and run (some) Haiku applications on Genode.
More at Meta:About
This repository contains no source code at all yet, only a couple wiki files.
To make a (quite) long story short: set up Genode; setup the Genode tool chain (e.g. for Linux); download or clone the HoG source code; include it in the Genode build process and build it; set up a .run file to create a bootable ISO image that demonstrates basic Haiku applications running on top of Genode.
More at Setup:Main
Some examples of tasks I cannot attend to yet due to limited time, sorted by required skill-set (difficulty):
- test on several hardware configurations, preferably bare/metal ones with HDA audio and multiple audio output jacks, and report; that way I can figure out what kind of system to assemble to sell my software running on HoG.
Genode system integration:
- amend the run file to support *both* ps/2 and USB input.
- view.StrokeEllipse() looks blocky: implement AA (anti-aliasing)?
- view.StrokeLine() has an off-by-one(?) error
- add (more) keyboard keys/events support
- view.GetFont: implement (probably just tie in to the genode "tff" font in canvas)
- BColorControl does not display at all: investigate
- BTextView does not react to clicks (nor to e.g. arrows on keyboard)
More at ToDo:Easy