H.o.G's goal is to provide a haiku.lib.so compatibility library : once complete, HoG will allow to recompile and run (some) Haiku applications on Genode.
More at Meta:About
This repository only contains bfs-on-genode (a BFS driver for Genode, works fine in my testing), the rest of the code has not been uploaded yet.
To make a (quite) long story short: set up Genode; setup the Genode tool chain (e.g. for Linux); download or clone the HoG source code; include it in the Genode build process and build it; set up a .run file to create a bootable ISO image that demonstrates basic Haiku applications running on top of Genode.
More at Setup:Main
Some examples of tasks I cannot attend to yet due to limited time, sorted by required skill-set (difficulty):
- test on several hardware configurations, preferably bare/metal ones with HDA audio and multiple audio output jacks, and report; that way I can figure out what kind of system to assemble to sell my software running on HoG.
The OpenBSD HDA driver does not work on our main platform (Asus F2A55M). It starts probing, then goes something like this:
azalia0 at pci0 : <NULL> azalia0: no supported codecs warning: not implemented, called from 0x1029074 warning: not implemented, called from 0x1029074 Error: could not initialize sound card
Genode system integration:
- amend the run file to support "wm" and "decorator".
- view.StrokeEllipse() looks blocky: implement AA (anti-aliasing)?
- view.StrokeLine() has an off-by-one(?) error (or maybe it is subsequent FillRect()s that erase the stroked lines?)
- add (more) keyboard keys/events support
- view.GetFont: implement (probably just tie in to the genode "tff" font in canvas)
- BColorControl does not display at all: investigate
- BTextView does not react to clicks (nor to e.g. arrows on keyboard)
More at ToDo:Easy