Many hyperlinks are disabled.
Use anonymous login to enable hyperlinks.
The dallas command
Synopsispackage require dallas
dallas subcommand ?arg ...?
The dallas command lets you interact with DS1621 based devices for measuring temperature. The legal values of subcommand are listed below. Note that you can abbreviate the subcommands.
- dallas ds1621 bus ?number?
- Open a channel to a DS1621 temperature sensor. There can be up to eight DS1621 sensors on the same i2c bus. The number argument selects which of the eight devices to access. The command returns the channel handle.
- dallas convert handle
- Instruct the device to start a temperature measurement. A temperature conversion takes a maximum of 750ms.
- dallas temperature handle
- Obtain the result of the last temperature conversion. This command will wait for a running conversion to complete, if necessary.