This is a clone of the Tcl repository at http://core.tcl.tk/tcl.
A few branches exist here for my own contributions and experiments:
- aspect-binary-float-inf -- trying to make binary format R and friends treat Inf correctly. See http://core.tcl.tk/tcl/tktview/85ce4bf92 and http://wiki.tcl.tk/41088
- aspect-file-createdir -- an implementation of file createdir, my answer to TIP#431. See http://wiki.tcl.tk/40609
- aspect-array-traces -- very early steps in trying to fix array traces. See http://core.tcl.tk/tcl/tktview?name=ace7bf3dcf and http://core.tcl.tk/tcl/tktview/2969488fff and http://core.tcl.tk/tcl/tktview/219372ffff and http://core.tcl.tk/tcl/tktview/709340ffff and http://core.tcl.tk/tcl/tktview/572889ffff
aspect-lreplace-fix-- now on 8.6.4 branch @ core
.. I have some other stuff yet to be merged in here - open a ticket if you're interested in:
- (not very portable) PTY support
- regexp -partial for reporting when a prefix of a pattern may match a suffix of a string
- resurrecting Peter Spjuth's compiled macros - see http://paste.tclers.tk/3306 and http://paste.tclers.tk/3305
- maybe trying to fold tclparser into core for TIP purposes
- other stuff I talk about in chat sometimes
How To Use It
Assuming your core checkout is in ~/fossils/tcl and you're happy to clone my repo in ~/fossils/tcl-aspect, a session might look like this:
$ cd ~/fossils $ BRANCH=aspect-binary-float-inf $ BUNDLE=$(pwd)/$BRANCH.fbun
Clone my repo:
$ mkdir tcl-aspect $ cd tcl-aspect $ fossil clone http://chiselapp.com/user/aspect/repository/tcl/ .fossil $ fossil open .fossil $BRANCH
Extracting a bundle:
$ fossil bundle export $BUNDLE --branch $BRANCH $ fossil bundle ls $BUNDLE
Use fossil bundle ls $BUNDLE to ensure no extraneous commits were included in the bundle.
Applying the bundle to your repo:
$ cd ~/fossils/tcl $ fossil bundle import $BUNDLE
This will import $BRANCH as a private branch. If you decide after import that the bundle is trash, fossil bundle purge $BUNDLE will clean it out of your repo. Otherwise, you will probably want to merge it into a branch of your own, with:
$ fossil checkout $MYBRANCH $ fossil merge $BRANCH
How I Made It
This repo was built by the following process.
- start with a local clone of http://core.tcl.tk/tcl, making new branches for experiments
- in chiselapp: Create Repo -> Clone Repo -> Clone URL: http://core.tcl.tk/tcl
- back in the shell in your local clone:
fossil pull fossil remote-url http://aspect:*********@chiselapp.com/user/aspect/repository/tcl/ fossil push
Note for self: fossil wiki syntax is described here.