This little thing provides multi-line replacements in text files. Also, it provides in-memory replacements, on a list of strings.
Although there are tons of similar utilities, maybe this one has its own goods.
It would be useful when you need:
- replace periodically some bunches of strings in some texts;
- modify a snapshot of some software without its cloning/forking;
- share your little modifications with your colleagues, without resorting to those great GIT, MERCURIAL, FOSSIL etc.;
- customize files generated by document generators;
- prepare a Tcl source file to be processed by freewrap;
- perform in-memory multi-line replacements in Tcl scripts.