Using plugin to convert HTML to UTF-8 (exceptions)
|User & Date:||tinus 2019-05-01 06:45:31|
- Change icomment to:
If your main concern is converting pages from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8, I think you’d better open the page in Notepad++, and actually convert the page’s encoding to UTF-8 (using the "Convert / Convert to UTF-8" menu item), instead of escaping all the entities. Nowadays, the only entities that need to be escaped in text are <, >, and & (and in attributes: " and ').
I also have a command-line tool ‘ConvertCharset’, that can be used for conversion from any encoding to any other encoding: https://fossil.2of4.net/mc_tools/doc/trunk/README.md#ConvertCharset
- Change login to "tinus"
- Change mimetype to "text/x-fossil-plain"
- Change priority to "Medium"
- Change resolution to "Works_As_Designed"
- Change status to "Deferred"
- Change subsystem to "Entity replacement"