unnecessary links to -lreadline -ldl
|User & Date:||anonymous 2014-06-21 19:44:38|
- Change foundin to "1.29"
- Change icomment to:
In generating the debian package of fossil 1.29, the build system coughed up the following warning:
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/fossil/usr/bin/fossil was not linked against libreadline.so.6 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: package could avoid a useless dependency if debian/fossil/usr/bin/fossil was not linked against libdl.so.2 (it uses none of the library's symbols)
I manually invoked the linking command with -lreadline -ldl removed, and by gum it was right!
Either I'm missing some options I should be passing ./configure or something unnecessary is going on.
- Change login to "anonymous"
- Change mimetype to "text/x-fossil-wiki"
- Change private_contact to "6ba147a4218010d3c6ffddc5ed73dc017a44bf3c"
- Change severity to "Minor"
- Change status to "Open"
- Change title to "unnecessary links to -lreadline -ldl"
- Change type to "Code_Defect"