Download release tarball: spotoconf-0.8.tar.gz
Spot o' Conf is a TEA-inspired configure and build system for Tcl and Jim extensions.
- Build binary or script-only extensions for Tcl or Jim.
- Build build/install documentation and examples.
- Run tests and make distribution files.
- Supports pkg-config.
- Simple and fast.
Many new features in 0.8. No docs yet.
A Spot o' Conf user's requests, followed by my comments.
a) with-tcl= is required ((but shouldn't be) for script-only extensions, also tclConfig.sh does not add anything; make it optional; >> Use TCL_CONF_DIR=no in spoto.conf or --with-tcl=no when running configure.
b) offer a default mechanism to pre-load prefix and friends from tclsh setting; >> Tclsh doesn't provide that info.
c) moddir overloading from configure not possible right now; >> Now possible.
d) right now, i use moddir='$(shell)' to call into a Tcl script... is there a better way? can I use some Tcl version info from within spoto.conf, Makefile.in? >> Use moddir=guess in spoto.conf or --moddir=guess when running configure.
e) *.tm is a symbolic link, which precludes generating something into it upon deployment (see my top-level tm); so I need an extension target to make an actual copy ... >> Use new vars: BUILD_SCLIB, BUILD_SCBIN, BUILD_DOC
f) work better with structured .tm's >> Now posssible.
- better dist: include more possibilities or reduce & make users use their own makefile.package.in?
- update Jim's testing.tcl? - include Jim's testing.tcl?
- Does Spotoconf work with .a's? Probably.
- Handle more than one source file per build?
- Offload particular discoveries to Autosetup/Autoconf/CMake?