Two ways: Use built in Ubuntu packages, or manually.
- For the purpose of this, it is assumed that this will be done on ubuntu where by default, the root user does not log in - everything is done using 'sudo' with the user who installed the system.
Built In Ubuntu PackagesConfiguration variables:
- RTNAME - a unique name for this Request Tracker installation
Step by step instructions:
- Install Ubuntu Server 10.10 from ISO
- Install SSH for remote administration:
user@ubuntu~$ sudo apt-get install openssh-server
- Install Request Tracker and RT FAQ Manager from Ubuntu package repositories, along with all dependencies (the APT package manager will take care of dependencies with the following command).
user@ubuntu~$ sudo apt-get install request-tracker3.8 rt3.8-rtfm
- During the RT package install, set the name to RTNAME