Making a new release of the Kestrel-2DX hardware design? Cutting a new version of DX-Forth? Then you'll want to double-check yourself with this checklist to make sure prospective users have a good experience with your changes.
User Experience When Installing
- Did you build the latest SD card image,
- Did you build the latest JTAG bitstream file,
cd .../kestrel-2dx/trunk; fossil uv add ../kestrel-2dx/NEXYS2.bit --as kestrel-2dx-nexys2-jtag.bit)
- Did you build the latest ROM bitstream file,
cd .../kestrel-2dx/trunk; fossil uv add ../kestrel-2dx/NEXYS2.bit --as kestrel-2dx-nexys2-rom.bit)
- Did you sync the unversioned files? (
fossil uv syncor
fossil sync -u)
- Did you double-check the file links on the build page all properly resolve?
- Did you double-check to see if the instructions on the build page still work?
- Did you check to see if any new BIOS functions are properly documented?
- If you added new hardware, did you update the memory map?
- Are all the GPIA pins properly documented?
- If you added new hardware, do the appropriate documentation pages exist describing its registers and bitfields?
- Have you updated the CONTRIBUTORS.md file to record contributions and give due credit?
- Have you bumped the BIOS revision number, if applicable?
- Have you bumped DX-Forth's revision number, if applicable?