Many hyperlinks are disabled.
Use anonymous login to enable hyperlinks.
|Page Name:||Tcl Test Utilities|
This project is dedicated to utilities to make Agile Software Engineering, in particular Test Driven Development easier in Tcl. It has evolved into TIP-452. This repository shall remain until the TIP is accepted and shipped.
Please do not use the code in this repository, but rather that in the tip's branch.
If you intend to use this in a Tcl version prior to the TIP being accepted and shipped, then t he contents of the TestSeam.tcl file should be placed in your init.tcl file .
The following commands are added to the tcl test package:
- ::tcltest::testSetup - Defines which procedures/commands are stubbed out and how they should behave for each invocation. This should only be called once per test.
- :: tcltest::addStub - Adds a procedures/commands to the list that are stubbed out.
- :: tcltest::saveVars - Saves the values of variables to be restored later. This should only be called once per test.
- :: tcltest::addVars - Add a variable to the list of variables to be restored later
- :: tcltest::callCount - Returns a dictionary sorted list of the stubbed out procedures and how many times they were called.
- :: tcltest::testCleanup - Restores saved variables and stubbed out procedures.
- :: tcltest::sortedArrayData - Return the values of an array as a list of key value pairs sorted by the keys.
- :: tcltest::callProc - Call the real implementation of a stubbed out procedure.
- :: tcltest::seam - Test seam definition and injection (aka enabling)
- ::tcltest::testObject - This command creates an instance of an object, runs the specified test against it and then destroys the object. The syntax is:
::tcltest::testObject name description class ?-options...?
It supports all options of::tcltest::test plus those listed below:
- -arguments creationArgumentList -- arguments to pass in when creating the object
- -constructor script -- override the class constructor with the
- -destructor script --
override the class
destructor with the
- -objectVar variableName -- name to hold the created object, defaults to "cut"
- -stubs stubDefList -- a list of "instance" methods (those defined in the class) to be "replaced" by the contained definition. Each element of stubDefList is a duple with the following format:
- methodName methodBody -- The methodBody will be executed when ever methodName is called instead of the "real" definition.
::tcltest::object - Class to provide useful object testing utilities
Exported Static Methods
Exported Instance Methods
Thanks to Sean Woods for providing major help with the object based extensions.
Thanks to Noumena Corporation for encouragement and for supporting the Tcl community.