qmlogd is a software which parse and store log generated by qmail-send in a sqlite database. It may work in client-server mode. Many qmail hosts may sends and consolidate logs through it to a qmlogd collector server.
Some technical highlights:
- Data may be processed and stored in 'real-time' while logs are produced by qmail-send.
- The 'collector server' also may sends data to another one in a pyramid way, to guarantee scalability and easy management.
- The network protocol used to move logs around is udp, light and no matter is something goes down in log chain, qmail continue to works fine.
- If qmlogd collector goes out of service, various qmlogd senders continue to store data locally and resend 'em when collectors returns available.
- The protocol build upon udp manage packet loss and retrasmissions.
- Having a central store, is easy to build reports or cgi using SQL and development language of choice.
- Software in Public Domain.
Obtain it by cloning fossil repository and open (open command) it by tag 'version-1.0' or directly click on Tags menu, version-1.0, 'Leaf Entry' and then Download.
Ongoing development and maintenance of qmlogd is sponsored by Zucchetti S.p.A
Contacts, bugs, and contribution
Please, refer to tickets system in fossil repository.