The pave software provides a sort of geometry manager for Tcl/Tk.
The pave isn't designed to replace the existing Tk geometry managers (Tk GMs). Rather it tries to simplify the window layout by using their best.
The pave is implemented as PaveMe oo::class, so that you can enhance it with your own inherited class.
Also, you can employ PaveDialog oo::class and PaveInput oo::class that allow you:
- to call the standard dialogs with a checkbox of "Don't show again" type
- to call the standard dialogs with tagged text
- to call the input dialog using entry, combobox, text, spinbox, checkbutton, radiobutton, file / directory / color / font / date pickers
- to use menubar, toolbar, statusbar and the mentioned pickers as 'mega-widgets'
- to resize windows neatly (however strange, not done in Tk standard dialogs)
The theming facility of pave is enabled by ObjectTheming oo::class which embraces ttk as well as non-ttk widgets. This is seen on the demo video.
- zip file of pave source: pave.zip
- demo video: test2pave.mp4