Many hyperlinks are disabled.
Use anonymous login to enable hyperlinks.
|Page Name:||Improvement objectives|
Software Development has four primary objectives:
- Provide software based services that deliver value to the users
- Is of sufficient quality
- Delivered on time and within budget
In addition there are several subsidiary objectives:
- Adequately engineered to be a platform for possible future changes
- To be efficient enough to use
- Preserving the economic viability of the team
- Reducing costs in future versions of the product
- and reducing costs across related projects and products
- Improving the job satisfaction of team members and providing for their professional development to reduce costs
- Meeting external criteria and mandates (e.g. CMMI conformance)
- Achieving organisational performance targets (e.g. schedule, quality, customer satisfaction, financial targets, team member satisfaction,…)